We develop the sustainability of our supply chain working together with long-term subcontractors and partners and guided by the following principles, actions and targets:
- We monitor the ethics, human rights and environmental impact of production in high-risk countries through amfori BSCI audits.
- We demand energy efficiency from production processes.
- We recognise the challenges in identifying the origin of raw materials and the long supply chains that are typical for electronic products. We have started the work regarding conflict-minerals.
- We comply with RoHS and REACH regulations to minimise the use of hazardous substances.
- We pay attention to environmental impacts when tendering for production and logistics services.
- In our marketing and sales processes, we focus on data accuracy, smooth handling of reclamations and service development.
» Learn more about our annual sustainability targets.
Many sustainability issues important to Airam extend beyond our own walls. Our products are manufactured in Finland, Europe and Asia. Procurement chains down to raw materials extend even further. We recognize the challenges associated with long supply chains, such as the difficulties of traceability and the limited actual opportunities to influence the origin, production conditions or environmental effects of the rare raw materials needed in electrical and electronic equipment.